Learn to create attractive and magnificent video games for Android utilizing Cocos2d-x
About This Book
- Create enjoyable physics video games to rival the bestselling video games on Google Play
- Save time via growing your Android video games utilizing this built-in framework
- Learn to create an easy online game utilizing step by step directions supplied through the book
Who This e-book Is For
If you've a simple knowing of the C++ programming language and wish to create videogames for the Android platform, then this expertise and publication is perfect for you.
What you'll Learn
- Set up your paintings environment
- Learn tips to create photograph components and animate them
- Use the integrated physics engine to make your video games extra realistic
- Manage consumer interplay utilizing the contact and accelerometer capabilities
- Boost your game's appearance by way of studying so as to add textual content and utilizing actual sort and bitmap fonts
- Enhance your video game by way of including sound results and heritage music
- Discover find out how to upload wealthy explosion results utilizing particle systems
- Add local Java code for your Android game
Cocos2d-x is a multi-platform C++ gaming framework in energetic improvement maintained by means of Chukong applied sciences. It wraps all of the crucial components wanted for making a video game, making the duty of online game development very developer-friendly.
Starting with an important primer to get you up and operating along with your improvement atmosphere, you are going to fast dive in to exploring the most recent model of this framework. you'll comprehend significant framework advancements to render items at lightning velocity, expand and retain code simply, and enhance the label API so as to add nice performance comparable to glow, shadows, and descriptions to labels.
Through the construction of a true online game, you'll discover the middle elements of improvement together with Physics, allowing you to create real looking sprite routine, and particle structures to dynamically simulate explosions, fireplace, rain, and smoke, in addition to exploring the sound engine to make your video game extra powerful. end by way of integrating Cocos2d-x C++ code with local Android code to release video games with the vintage Java Android application.