By Adrian Cho
"An insider’s advisor to translating the inventive concepts of jazz to the enterprise world.”
Scott Berkun, writer of The Myths of Innovation
What Can Your crew research From Jazz Musicians?
Experienced jazz musicians follow particular rules to collaborate, execute, and deal with switch in genuine time--delivering amazing innovation within the face of continuous strain and probability. Now, jazz musician and collaboration professional Adrian Cho indicates how one can use an identical ideas to dramatically enhance any team’s performance.
Cho systematically introduces the Jazz method and demonstrates the way it will help cross-functional groups increase teamwork, innovation, and execution. You’ll research new how you can motivate and combine robust person contributions from passionate and devoted practitioners, and provides them greatest autonomy whereas ensuring your project’s “music” by no means degenerates into chaotic “noise.”
Through a number of case reviews, Cho exhibits you ways high-performance groups in achieving their success.
• grasp 5 middle rules of operating in groups: use simply enough principles, hire most sensible expertise, placed the staff first, construct belief and admire, and commit with passion
• determine a pragmatic framework for powerful, non-stop execution
• Collaborate extra successfully with workforce contributors, shoppers, consumers, companions, and suppliers
• grasp the necessities of crew execution: listening for swap, best on call for, performing transparently, and making each contribution count
• decrease the “friction” linked to collaboration--and raise the synergy
• Use shape, pace, pulse, and groove to take care of positive momentum
• find out about the significance of fit initiatives and teams
• Innovate through replacing rules and taking the proper measured risks
• for each practitioner, chief, and supervisor drawn to recovering results