By Raphael Troncy
In this ebook, the authors current the newest learn leads to the multimedia and semantic internet groups, bridging the "Semantic Gap"
This publication explains, collects and stories at the most modern study effects that goal at narrowing the so-called multimedia "Semantic Gap": the massive disparity among descriptions of multimedia content material that may be computed instantly, and the richness and subjectivity of semantics in person queries and human interpretations of audiovisual media. Addressing the grand problem posed by means of the "Semantic hole" calls for a multi-disciplinary strategy (computer technological know-how, machine imaginative and prescient and sign processing, cognitive technology, net technological know-how, etc.) and this is often mirrored in fresh study during this sector. furthermore, the publication goals an interdisciplinary group, and specifically the Multimedia and the Semantic net groups. ultimately, the authors supply either the elemental wisdom and the newest state of the art effects from either groups with the objective of constructing the information of 1 group on hand to the other.
- Presents state-of-the artwork learn leads to multimedia semantics: multimedia research, metadata criteria and multimedia wisdom illustration, semantic interplay with multimedia
- Contains genuine commercial difficulties exemplified by means of person case scenarios
- Offers an perception into a number of standardisation our bodies together with W3C, IPTC and ISO MPEG
- Contains contributions from educational and commercial groups from Europe, united states and Asia
- Includes an accompanying web site containing person circumstances, datasets, and software program pointed out within the publication, in addition to hyperlinks to the K-Space NoE and the clever society sites (http://www.multimediasemantics.com/)
This e-book may be a useful reference for tutorial and researchers /practitioners in multimedia, computational intelligence and desktop technological know-how fields. Graduate scholars, undertaking leaders, and experts also will locate this e-book of interest.